The Sedgemoor Model Boat Club Committee have adopted a Covid-19 Policy and Risk Assessment which is a appendix to the full Club Rules and Constitution. The policy itself can be downloaded here;
SMBC Covid 19 Policy & Risk Assessment
UPDATED 3/3/21 – Club Meetings to start from 11th April
The Clubs Committee has agreed that we will be resuming club meeting every Sunday morning and Wednesday evenings from Sunday 11th April along the same format we ran after Lockdown No1 last year. As before all members will be expected to comply to our Covid 19 policy so that means you must pre-book and have had received conformation before attending. See below for info on how to do this.
Individuals can use the lake from 29th March
Members are welcome to use the lake for any model as an individual from 29th March at any time outside club meetings once they resume. So that means anytime 7 days a week, dawn to dusk except for when the club has meetings on Sunday mornings 9.30am to 11.30am or Wednesday’s 3pm to 5pm and 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
Keeping to the rules for your and others safety
Please use this link and make sure that you understand the possible impacts to yourself and others; and that you are able to follow the Government guidelines; https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-guidance
Club meetings and pre-booking;
All meetings listed below are “causal club meetings” with no competitions. It is hoped once the rules are relaxed to allow gathering of more than 6 we can then return to running competition events once again. As before we have divided all club meeting into 4 sections so similar models are on the lake. Members must pre-book to attend these meetings. The booking system works as follows;
1. Contact Russ Chilcott email; email@example.com or mobile 07721 511314 (evenings) stating which meeting(s) you wish to attend.
2. Your bookings must be placed at least 24 hours before the meeting.
3. If more than 6 booked to attend a single meeting the names will be drawn by lot. All those who booked will be contacted at least 12 hours before the meeting to confirm they have been drawn to attend or not. Do not turn up unless it has been confirmed that you are on the list.
4. If you were not drawn to attend and there were no more than 12 who had previously booked you will be on the list to attend the next meeting for the same section. I will confirm this with you. If more than 12 booked those not listed will be drawn, though I think this is unlikely to happen.
5. You may attend as many meetings as you wish for one or more sections but you must use the appropriate model. ie; do not bring a FE boat to a IOM meeting!
Club Meetings dates/times;
SYS = Small Yachts (as defined on the club website)
IOM = International One Metre class Yachts
FE – Fast Electric racing boats plus any “fast” scale models
Scale/other – scale models, scale sail and any others not listed above.
Sunday mornings 9.30am to 11.30am,
Wednesday evenings 6.30pm to 8.30pm;
Sun 11th April – IOM
Weds 14th April – Scale/other
Sun 18th April – SYS
Weds 21st April – FE
Sun 25th April – IOM
Weds 28th April – Scale/other
Sun 2nd May – SYS
Weds 5th May – FE
The “Irregular“ meetings for SYS will be held on Weds afternoons 3pm to 5pm but these will be run ad-hoc depending on the weather.
It is hoped that meetings will be extended further beyond 5th May, but we have learnt not to plan too far ahead!